The College Council has three critical roles:
- Developing the strategic plan;
- Approving the annual budget; and
- Setting and reviewing policies.
Other roles include:
- school maintenance
- developing, reviewing and monitoring policies such as the Student Code of Conduct and the dress code
- school community engagement.
All government schools in Victoria have a school council. It is given the power to set the key directions for the school, and is a legal entity in its own right. A school council directly governs and influences the quality of education that a school provides to its students.
To carry out its role effectively, the school council needs to be able to work cooperatively with the parents and staff at the school. School and community consultation is an integral part of the effective running of school councils.
Note: Further materials are available from the Department of Education and Training (DET) website.
School Council Parent Representatives:
- Mr Damien Pepper (President)
- Ms Julie Wrighton (Vice President)
- Mrs Raelene Burton
- Ms Lynne Bass
- Ms Michelle Hartley
- Mr Ewan Humphrey
- Mr Tim Harper
- Mr Ciro Ferra
- Mr Steve Sinclair
- Ms Caitlin Scholefield
- Mr Richard Hall
- Miranda Castles
- Students - Spencer Porter and Natalie Martin
Council Meetings are usually held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month beginning at 7.00 pm.
- Finance & Facilities Committee meet at 5.00 pm prior to the Council Meeting
- Education sub-committee meet as required.
- Accountability meets as required, usually during Terms 4 and 1 to prepare the Annual Implementation Plan and Annual Report
- Uniform Committee meets before the August of each year
- All are welcome.
Nomination forms can be obtained from Jenni Hunter in the College administration office.