The College’s camps and excursion programs will be designed to enable students to experience activities that are complementary to classroom activities. They may have an educational, cultural, environmental, social or outdoor emphasis and are an important part of the educational programs offered at the College. Excursions are defined as activities outside the college ground that occur within a single day, while camps involve at least one night’s accommodation.
- To extend and reinforce classroom learning.
- To provide students with an opportunity to participate in programs that promotes challenge, group cohesiveness, self-esteem, resourcefulness, independence, leadership, co-operation and tolerance.
- To enable students to experience/appreciate a wider range of cultural and environmental situations.
- To provide an opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through participation in additional exciting and challenging activities not available at the College.
- To provide opportunities for increased interaction between staff and students to build relationships.