Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)
The Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is provided by the Victorian Government to lower-income families to help with education-related costs.
If you have a child under 16, and you hold a valid Health Care Card, Pension Card, or are a temporary foster parent, you may be eligible to receive the EMA. The allowance is paid in two instalments, one in March and one in August.
You can elect to have your EMA paid in one of the following ways:
• Paid by direct deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer) into your own nominated bank account; or
• Paid to the school to be held as credit which you can use towards education expenses; or
• Paid by cheque which will be posted to the school for collection.
In 2014, the annual EMA amount per student is:
• $200 for prep students
• $150 for students in years 1 – 6.
• $300 for year 7 students
• $250 for students in year 8 – until age 16*.
* A pro-rata amount is payable for students turning 16 in 2014.
How to Apply: EMA application forms are available from the College Administration Office or from the following link
Closing Date: Forms must be returned to Megan Ross in the Admin Office no later than 28th February 2014.
Download (40 kb)