Industry Specific Skills Strand
The purpose of the Industry Specific Skills strand is to enable the development of skills, knowledge and attitudes related to one or more vocational contexts in preparation for progression to further learning or employment. Curriculum selected for the Learning Program should provide a range of experiences within a particular industry sector to assist students to make informed decisions for future pathways choices and to promote the student’s employability skills.
- Develop key knowledge and key skills in a vocational context that assists the student in making informed choices regarding further learning and/or employment
- Provide vocational experiences relevant to student interests and abilities
- Provide pathways to further study through credit gained that articulates into VCE or VET courses
To meet the requirements of this strand student can choose from
- The broad range of VET in Schools programs offered by the college. Refer to the description of VET programs
- A School Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship – (SBAT) see college counsellors for more information.