Skills for Further Study and VET Business
Throughout the year all Year 12 VCAL students undertake VCAL Skills for Further Study and Units of Competency from the Certificate II in Business BSB20112. Elisabeth Murdoch College is the RTO for the Certificate II in Business: RTO no 21004.
Skills for Further Study
The purpose of this unit is to enable students to develop knowledge and skills for further study that will prepare and assist them to pursue diverse and education and training pathways such apprenticeship training, TAFE course or high education.
The unit focuses on developing
- Time management skills
- Strategies for learning
- Research skills
- A pathway plan
Summary of learning outcomes
- Organise personal and work priorities to ensure study/work objectives are met
- Develop and implement strategies for learning.
- Demonstrate an appropriate range of research skills (minimum of four) for a variety of purposes relevant to a chosen field of study.
- Develop a pathway plan, and consider alternative pathways, for further study/training.
- Prepare a portfolio and/or application for entrance to a higher education/training institution or employment.
- Prepare, plan and deliver a sustained oral presentation to an appropriate audience/peers on issues, ideas or concepts relevant to future study.
Certificate II Business Units of Competency
Students will undertake a number of units of competency from the Certificate II in Business. These support a students learning regardless of their pathway. This program aims to develop skills and knowledge in a range of competencies related to business. These units are general in nature and provide training appropriate to the development of employability skills and are relevant to any industry.
Units delivered may include:
- BSBCMM201A - Communicate in the workplace
- BSBWOR203A - Work effectively with others
- BSBITU201A - Produce simple word processed documents
- BSBWOR202A - Organise and complete daily work activities
- BSBSUS201A - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practises
- BSBITU203A - Communicate electronically
- BSBIND201A - Work effectively in a business environment
NB: These subjects also contribute to a student’s Senior VCAL Certificate.