Chisholm Institute of TAFE RTO 0260
VET in schools multiplies opportunities for students. They enable students to complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification as well as contribute towards their VCE or VCAL Certificate. Classroom learning is combined with structured hands-on training and practice in industry. This program is delivered at Elly Lukas in the City and Carrum Downs Secondary College. Students should investigate which program best meets their needs.
Course Code and Title
- Elly Lukas: WRB30104 Certificate II in Beauty Therapy
- Carrum Downs Secondary College : SIB30110 – Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Chisholm Institute of TAFE:
- Venue: Elly Lukas – Melbourne or Carrum Downs Secondary College in Carrum Downs
- Time: The course is delivered over a full day. The day of delivery will vary from venues
Structured Work Placement
Students need to complete at least 40 hours of structured work placement in industry as part of the course. This should be organised in consultation with the course provider. Structured Workplace Learning complements the structured training undertaken at the school/Registered Training Organisation.
It provides the context for:
- Enhancement of skills development
- Practical application of industry knowledge
- Assessment of units of competence as determined by the training organisation
- Increase of employment opportunities and marketability
- Students are required to:
- Wear closed-toe shoes.
- Elly Lukas require a uniform to be worn
- 80% attendance is required for successful completion of the program.
Entrance at Chisholm is via an occupational appraisal. Application appraisal forms will be posted to student after application is received online. This form must be returned directly to the Hair & Beauty department. Students are selected for the course according to their aptitude rating on the occupational appraisal for beauty services.
Contribution to the VCE and VCAL
On completion of the program students are eligible for four credits towards their VCE or VCAL certificate, two at units 1 and 2 level. and a 3 and 4 sequence. Students who successfully complete the year 12 Unit 3-4 sequence will be eligible for a 10% increment towards their ATAR as a fifth or sixth subject.
Further information on the increment process can be found on the VCAA website: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/general/recognition/vetcredit.html
This program will also satisfy the learning outcomes for the VCAL Industry Specific and the Work Related Skills strand.
Units of Competency may include
- Conduct financial transactions
- Provide manicure and pedicare services
- Sell products and services
- Apply safe working practices
- Apply techniques to update beauty industry knowledge
- Communicate in the workplace
- Apply knowledge of nail science to nail services
- Work effectively in a retail environment
- Apply knowledge of skin biology to beauty treatments
- Provide lash and brow treatments
- Advise on beauty services
- Perform routine housekeeping duties
- Merchandise products
- Apply nail art
- Establish business and legal requirements
- Design and apply make up
- Pierce ears
- Nail Technician
- Certificate II in Nail Technology
- Certificate II in Make-up Services
- Certificate II in Community Pharmacy
- Beautician Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Advanced Make-up Artist
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Specialist Make-up
- Bachelor of Health Science (Dermal Therapies)
- Technical Trainer
- Teacher Beauty Therapist
- Clinical Dermal Therapist