Music Performance Specialisation
This subject provides students with the opportunity to further develop their music performance skills as both a soloist and as part of a group whilst also developing their music industry knowledge. Assessment takes a variety of formats including; development of performance skill, demonstration of rehearsal strategies and techniques, the demonstrated ability to reflect upon own and others performances. Creating and rehearsing music performances for a variety of purposes, the development of interpersonal skills reflected in effective ensemble rehearsals and performances. It is recommended that any student wishing to take VCE music units 1&2 or 3&4 should take both Music Performance Specialisation.
- Prepare pieces for performance both as a soloist and as part of an ensemble
- Listen to a variety of genres of music and develop music analysis skills
- Compose their own music
- Study sound production – the skills and knowledge to record, mix and edit sound sources
- Develop an understanding of copyright laws in arranging music
- Develop an understanding of setting up and disassembling audio equipment
- Music Performance provides students with the opportunities to perform and apply a broad range of knowledge and skills in varied work contexts in the music industry.
- Solo performance
- Ensemble performance
- Research task