In this unit, we will understand and analyse Australian involvement in global conflicts of the Twentieth Century. We will explore the way war affects individuals, families and communities. We will examine significant historical events involving Australians, and the impact that global conflicts have on Australian people. We explore World War II, and the Vietnam War conflicts. You will learn about the effects that conflicts have had on our work and family life and our international relations. The skills developed in History will improve literacy, research and communication skills, preparing you well for VCE.
• Students will complete research tasks on a range of wars that Australians have been involved in
• Students will analyse propaganda posters used during war
• Students will write an extended response on Australian's involvement in the Vietnam War
• Document analyses on World War II
• Extended response on the Vietnam War
VCE Global Politics