Year 12 Introduction
Our aim for all Year twelve students at Elisabeth Murdoch College is for every student to achieve their best, have a memorable year and a successful transition onto further education training or employment.
In order to achieve these students will need to strive to reach their goals by working hard to improve themselves and obtain great results.
To fulfill the requirements of the VCE you must
- Complete at least 16 units
- Include three units from the English group (Eng/Lit/Eng Lang/ESL)
- Include three pairs of units at the 3 and 4 level, other than an English group.
All Year 12 students are expected to do five studies each semester.
The 16 units may include a number of Vocational Education and Training studies.
To fulfill VCAL requirements you must
- Successfully complete a minimum of 10 credits.
- 6 must be at the certificate level – foundation, intermediate or senior
- Include one credit in each of the strands
- Work Related Skills
- Personal Development Skills
- Industry Specific Skills
NB Check that your studies include the prerequisites for the range of tertiary/TAFE courses you are considering.