Nurturing Students’ Passions
Elisabeth Murdoch College is proud to offer a diverse set of pathways to cater to every aspiration. We strive to meet the learning needs and passions of every student and create a supportive environment where everyone feels safe, connected and a sense of belonging.
Our four Middle School Specialist Programs provide an insight into our unique approach to support students to transform their interests and passions into learning and career pathways in preparation for senior school.
These programs are:
- Leaders in Sport – sporting pathways
- The Murdoch Program – academic excellence
- Performing Arts Collective – performing arts
- THRIVE Aspirant Leaders – leadership development
These four specialist programs extend our regular curriculum, creating an environment where students can challenge each other, take risks and develop the behaviours and leadership skills that will support their continued learning well beyond secondary school.
Through these programs students will develop unique bonds and friendships as they support each other’s success and drive performance. Students often learn at a faster rate, engage with more challenging speciality content and demonstrate learning in authentic community-based activities.
Programs for Year 7 2023
Applications for Year 7 2023 specialist programs open on Monday 25th July 2022. Only students who have been accepted into Elisabeth Murdoch College for Year 7 in 2023 can apply for a position in either Leaders in Sport, The Collective, The Murdoch Program or THRIVE Aspirant Leaders.
Information regarding our specialist programs can be found in our “Nurturing Students Passions” booklet - Download Booklet
Please see instructions below of the requirements for your child's application in 2023.
Applications have now closed for the Specialist Programs for 2023.
Key dates to remember:
Thursday 25th August 2022
Application shortlisted and progressing families emailed links to book an audition/interview time for their child.
Monday 5th September -
Auditions and Interviews held on the following days for each program. Students are to attend at their booked time and meet a representative from the program in the College courtyard.
Week one TERM 4
Families to find out via email the outcome of their child's specialist program application for Year 7, 2023.
For any additional questions or queries relating to the Specialist Program application process, we suggest emailing the College at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone administration on 9788 2600.
Disclaimers for Specialist Program in 2023
- I understand that students must have obtained a position in writing from their Primary School to confirm that they have a position as a year 7 student at Elisabeth Murdoch College in 2023.
- I understand that my student has to complete the edutest at Elisabeth Murdoch College on Saturday 6th August, 2022, in order to have their application for the program assessed. Non-completion of the EDUTEST will see your application forfeited.
- I understand that the Email addresses I have provided must be current and checked regularly. EMC will not be held responsible for any information missed due to incorrect details being provided to the College.
- I understand that due to the number of applicants and the rigorous application process undertaken by EMC, the College will not be able to provide feedback at any time on any students’ application.