Welcome to the Senior School Course Information
Congratulations on choosing to complete your senior studies at Elisabeth Murdoch College (EMC). We offer Years 10, 11 and 12 students a stimulating range of programs and learning opportunities, preparing you well for future learning and employment pathways. High expectations are set for senior students who are responsible young adults, committed to achieving success. Students are at the centre of everything we do and we foster strong partnerships between students, their families and the College. From years of experience, we know you will reap enormous short and long-term rewards if you put in the effort and set realistic learning goals for yourself with our support.
Pathways and Student Choices:
- Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE). Enables students to choose from a broad range of studies, usually in programs of 22 units completed over two years, beginning in Year 10 for eligible students.
- Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL). Enables students to achieve specific learning outcomes in literacy and numeracy, as well as practical, vocational competencies and personal development skills.
- Vocational Education & Training (VET) A range of vocational certificates are offered, with each program providing the opportunity for students to undertake a work/industry placement. These can be included in a VCE or VCAL program
- School Based Apprenticeships & Traineeships (SBAT). Can be taken during the senior years of schooling as part of VCE or VCAL. This enables students to have the dual status of student and employee. Students can start an SBAT in Year 10.
Our Year 10 Students choose a program from a broad range of subjects from across the domains. Information on each of these programs can be found in the Senior School Course Information. Eligible students entering Year 10 are encouraged to consider undertaking a VCE or commence a VET program as this offers additional opportunities for acceleration.
ELISABETH MURDOCH COLLEGE Registered Training Organisation (RTO) No: 21004
Elisabeth Murdoch College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) for the delivery and assessment of a number of VET programs.
What does this mean?
A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is an organisation accredited by the Victorian Registration Qualifications Authority (VRQA) which is the Victorian regulator for Vocational education and training sector. VRQA regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
RTOs may include TAFE institutes, private providers, community providers, schools, higher education institutions, industry organisations and enterprises.
RTOs issue Australian Qualification Framework qualifications and Statements of Attainment. The details and scope of registration of all registered training organisations are listed on the official National Register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs. www.training.gov.au
Elisabeth Murdoch College's scope of registration include:
- MST20616 Certificate II Applied Fashion Design & Technology
- SIS30115 Certificate III Sport and Recreation
- BSB20115 Certificate II Business
- AHC20116 Certificate II in Agriculture
- CUA20113 Certificate II Dance & selected units from Certificate III CUA30113