Vocational Education and Training (VET)
VET allows students to include vocational studies within their VCE or VCAL senior secondary Certificate. Students undertake nationally recognised training from either accredited state curriculum or national training packages. These VET programs may be undertaken in a variety of settings and offer students the opportunity to undertake Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) Classroom learning is combined with structured hands-on training and practice in industry.
Why students choose to undertake VET as part of their senior secondary certificate?
VET offers students the opportunity to:
- Combine general and vocational studies
- Explore career options and pathways
- Undertake learning in the workplace
- Undertake applied learning in an adult learning environment
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification that contributes to the VCE or VCAL
- Develop skills that will equip them for the workforce.
What credit will I receive towards my VCE or VCAL?
VET program contribute to both the VCE and VCAL certificates. Most also contribute to a VCE students ATAR which is used for university selection. Selected VCE VET programs offer scored assessments for Units 3 and 4 in the same way all VCE studies do and includes an end of year exam.
VET program contribute to the VCE and VCAL in one of the following ways:
- Credit towards the VCE: units at Unit 1-2 level and a Unit 3-4 sequence. A Study Score is available, which can contribute directly to your ATAR. Credit towards the VCAL: units contribute towards the industry specific skills strand at all VCAL levels
- Credit towards the VCE: units at Unit 1–2 level and a Unit 3–4 sequence. Through block credit a contribution of a 10% increment towards the ATAR or as a fifth or sixth subject. Credit towards the VCAL: units contribute towards the industry specific skills strand at all VCAL levels.
Elisabeth Murdoch College RTO 21004
Elisabeth Murdoch College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) for the delivery of a number of VET programs. The programs in our scope of registration include:
- Certificate II in Agriculture AHC20116
- Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design &Technology MST20616
- Certificate II in Dance CUA20113
- Certificate III in Sport and Recreation SIS30115
- Cisco 22519VIC
- Food Handling (SITSS00050)