CISCO Networking Academy Program
ELISABETH MURDOCH COLLEGE RTO 21004
This course is an introduction into computer networks, selecting, configuring and securing the devices that sit between your computer and the computer in the next room or the website on the other side of the world. It enables students to complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification as well as contribute towards their VCE or VCAL Certificate. Classroom learning is combined with structured hands-on training with the same equipment used in the industry as well as advanced network simulation software. This course provides VCE students with training and practical skills in the design, construction and maintenance of small to medium sized computer networks delivered via the internationally recognised Cisco Networking Academy Program.
Selected units from 21915VIC - Certificate IV in Integrated Technologies
There are four units in two programs taken over two years:
- Build and implement a basic network
- Configure a small to medium network for an organisation
- Secure and monitor the performance of a small to medium network
- Investigate and design concepts of an accessible and secure network
- Venue: Elisabeth Murdoch College
- Time: Wednesday 1.00pm – 5.00pm
Students are enrolled as CISCO Program students and have full access to the learning materials via the internet; however class attendance is still required. This program requires some mathematical abilities. Year 10 level or higher is recommended.
Structured Workplace Learning
Structured Workplace Learning is not mandated in this program, however the VCAA strongly recommend all VET students undertake some work placement. The VCAA strongly recommend a minimum of 80 hours.
Contribution to the VCE and VCAL
The VCE VET Cisco program does not offer scored assessment. A student who achieves a Units 3 and 4 sequence may be eligible for an increment towards their ATAR.
The increment is awarded by the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). Further information can be found on the VTAC website:
Increments for a VCE VET Program Non-Scored Units 3 and 4 sequence will be calculated using 10% of the fourth study score of the primary four.
Further information on the increment process can be found on the VCAA website :http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/general/recognition/vetcredit.html
The following link is to the VET Elisabeth Murdoch College Student Information Handbook
See VCE and VCAL students across Victoria exploring their passion through VET, developing workplace skills and knowledge and creating flexible pathways towards future education and employment.
Successful completion of this program will result in significant credit in the Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering and Certificate III and Certificate IV in Information Technology. For further information: www.cisco.com
- Certificate IV in Computer Systems
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security
- Advanced Diploma of Networking Security
- Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science;
- Bachelor of Information Systems; or Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology Systems; or Bachelor of Information & Communication Technology